Experienced Travel Agent
Our travel brand, My Way Holiday, is hiring an experienced travel agent / advisor. This is a fully commissionable role with lead generation provided by My Way Holiday.
Work from home and manage your own busy portfolio while also working on leads consisting of corporate, group and leisure clients.
Minimum 3 years experience as a travel agent and TICO Certification is required.
There may be requirements to attend in-office functions and meetings on an occasional basis .
As a travel consultant, you will be responsible for providing exceptional travel services. In addition, you will ensure your client’s records and files are consistently up to date and maintained and provide regular follow up with clients.
Travel advisors with My Way Holiday are independent consultants who provide customer service, quotation, booking and travel assistance to clients:
- Answer and respond to calls from clients, follow up as required/directed
- Research and provide quotations for client travel requests
- Sell: Match client needs to products; make recommendations; overcome objections, close the sale!
- Work as a team player in a web-based environment
- Follow up on existing and past inquiries to foster client relationships
- Sell a full range of products and destinations (cruise, air, package and FIT), including preferred suppliers, the collection of professional fees and the selling of insurances
- Prepare complex itineraries with a mix of products
- Self-promote and build a client base via social media and customer relationship development
- Participate in on-going training and professional development
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers, with an emphasis on building long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- 3-5 years of Travel Agency experience is desired
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Home office set up including computer, phone and high speed internet
- TICO certification required
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills
- Social media marketing / blogging / writing skills are desired
- Required language: English