Our travel brand, My Way Holiday, is hiring a part time travel advisor / travel agent. Work from home and manage a busy portfolio of corporate, group and leisure clients. Minimum 3 years experience as a travel agent and TICO Certification is required.
This is an hourly / non-commission role – we provide the clients to you, however, bonus incentives are available for your own lead generation.
There may be requirements to attend in-office functions and meetings on an occasional basis.
As a travel consultant, you will be responsible for providing exceptional travel services. In addition, you will ensure your client’s records and files are consistently up to date and maintained and provide regular follow up with clients.
- 3-5 years of Travel Agency experience is desired
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Home office set up including computer, phone and high speed internet
- TICO certification required
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills
- Social media marketing / blogging / writing skills are desired
- Post-secondary education in Travel and Tourism, or related field is a strong asset
Responsibilities – Office Administrator Duties
- Answer and respond to calls from clients, follow up as required/directed
- Research and provide quotations for client travel requests
- Create invoices on a daily basis and send to clients
- Assist in the creation of promotional materials
- Sell: Match client needs to products; make recommendations; overcome objections, close the sale!
- Work as a team player in a web-based environment
- Follow up on existing and past inquiries to foster client relationships
- Sell a full range of products and destinations (cruise, air, package and FIT), including preferred suppliers, the collection of professional fees and the selling of insurances
- Prepare complex itineraries with a mix of products
- Self-promote and build a client base via social media and customer relationship development
- Participate in on-going training and professional development
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers, with an emphasis on building long-term relationships with new and existing customers
Compensation is $17-$20 /hr depending on experience and skills, 15-20 hours per week.
Required language: English